You can experience a brand new class format in The One Light Method! The first half of the 4 hour class was pre-recorded on location, during an actual photoshoot at the famous Gas Monkey Garage with their brand new Datsun build. Pepper Yandell goes over the different levels/budgets of lighting equipment, explains the pros and cons of all, and gives you a real world application of the various features such as TTL and High-Speed Sync and their uses on location.
After the recorded photoshoot video plays, Pepper will switch to a live stream to review and edit all of the images shot during the recording while teaching the best techniques and methods when it comes to blending one light for a smooth final result. A finished .PSD will be provided for you to download and review at your own pace after the class, as well as a comparison chart of a select group of lighting equipment.
What you can expect to learn:
- The pros and cons to using different levels of lighting equipment (speedlite, AlienBees, Profoto B1)
- The purpose and importance of every piece of equipment needed to use the one light method.
- Learn the limitations and expectations to set when working with various clients on location.
- How to examine the car and location and develop a plan for lighting the car.
- Working with an assistant vs. shooting by yourself with a WiFi remote.
- The differences between shooting and lighting cars indoors vs. outdoors.
- How to properly build your final image in Photoshop with the base and lighting layers.
- Creative techniques for blending the light layers together in Photoshop.
- Delivering a final image, and an overview of the .PSD that's included for download with the class.